Ark Data Centres - Designing and operating data centres which empower businesses to work from anywhere in the world.
Park Royal, London
The 1.95 hectares site is located within the London Borough of Ealing. It comprised of vehicle showrooms belonging to Renault and Nissan, along with vehicle forecourts, vehicle maintenance, and internal waste oil storage areas. This phase of works included the demolition of all buildings, structures on the former site, including retaining wall to Alliance road. Major utility diversions and disconnections along with ground remediation and re-levelling of the site in preparation for the main works, two new hyperscale data centres with office building and substation. SPHL have managed the design from RIBA stage 2 to stage 4 during this period alongside the construction activities.
- Neighbouring live television studio
- Works carried out in contaminated ground
- Relocation of live bus stop and major diversion of traffic carried out under TTROs
- Public realm works with HV & Sewer diversion
- Stringent vibration monitoring regime
- Works carried out by competent contractor under watching brief
- Material storage and movements under strict controls
- Street works qualified contractor and SPHL staff
- SPHL staff developed close working relationship with Ealing Council and local stakeholders