We represent one of the UK’s premiere construction companies, drawing on over forty years of specialised industry experience to provide excellent service, sustain long-term partnerships and achieve the highest quality outcome for key clients, whilst maintaining financial commitments.
Since inception in early 2020, the business continues to grow and has a projected turnover of £100m. Currently specialising in the delivery of Data Centres, it will further expand into the delivery of other key specialist assets, including Pharmaceutical and Defence.
We are currently looking for a Senior Site Manager to oversee the large and complex data centre builds.
The Senior Site Manager duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the work complies with all relevant specifications and drawings.
- Manage Site managers and site team
- Be fully conversant with the method statement produced for each element within the project and oversee the work to ensure that the work is executed safely
- Attend and contribute to any safety initiative as required to ensure the project is constructed safely
- Ensure all Operatives are put to work ‘safely at all times’ with daily briefings
- Comply and manage health and safety in line with company procedures, and current guidance and good practice
- Carry out site induction and toolbox talks to those persons working on or visiting a given project
- Ensure that site branding and housekeeping standards adhere to company guidelines.
- Co-ordinate the activity of different sub-contractors / trades or section of work to ensure work is carried out efficiently making expectations clear and reviewing performance standards, resolve problems with and between trades hold a weekly sub-contract progress review meeting
- Liaise with Specialist Contractors to ensure that works are constructed in accordance with the latest information
- Have an understanding of each specialist sub-contractor’s order including all attendances. Ensure works are executed safely in accordance with agreed methodology, attend Pre-Order meeting with each sub-contractor
- Produce short term programmes to allow the planning, execution and monitoring of the works compared against the contract programme ensure all programmes plans, method statements and risk assessments are up to date, understood and adhered to by all the necessary people
- Organise the site team daily to deliver programme requirements
- Inspect the works as required and in line with Project Quality Plan and relevant Inspection and Test Plans / checklists ensuring that the works are compliant with specification
- Where elements of the work are found not to be in accordance with the specification Issue and follow through to close out non-conformance reports as required
- Promote high standards of work completion across the site.
- Be aware of and ensure contract terms are delivered
- Liaise with the project QS to monitor the financial status of the project, identify solutions to problems and improvements and organise activity to deliver these and the required margin.
- Manage junior team members, making expectations clear and reviewing performance standards.
- Communicate with clients and third parties in the company’s best interests at all times.
- Set role model and ensure high standards of personal conduct on site at all time to deliver the company’s brand image.
- Hold weekly team meetings to discuss project delivery, identify improvement opportunities and celebrate success that are minuted.
- Where required ensure materials ordering is carried out in line with the specification, and is procured in a timely manner, that due consideration is given to storage and delivery requirements whilst ensuring wastage is monitored and controlled effectively. Ensure materials received are recorded and details submitted to the accounts department
- Monitor prelim costs with the QS to ensure no unnecessary costs are incurred due to poor record keeping and/or poor management decisions.
- Produce and maintain project records in line with the company’s process and procedures and also in addition by the Site / Project Manager for example to include but not limited to;
- Daily site diary
- As-built records
- Register of delay and disruption
- Be responsible for a project as a whole or support as a senior team member the successful delivery of a project as a whole.
The Senior Site Manager Minimum Qualifications:
- NVQ Level 4 Site Management,
- Membership of the CSCS scheme
- 5-day SMSTS – CITB
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- 1st Aid at Work (4 day)
- Good computer skills and experience are required as data input onto a system is a requirement of the role.
It is expected that the individual must have attained the technical skills, and knowledge in the following areas above.
- A good understanding of construction methods and technology including materials
- A proven proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment
- Understanding of contract documentation and reporting and how best to protect the company Commercially
- Be fully IT competent
- Proven track record of career progression through engineering, trade or construction roles in the construction industry
- Have an understanding of planning techniques and the use of relevant software
Click here to view the candidate pack.