JOB ROLE PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of the dependant on job type and size either lead the project team to ensure Sweet Projects and Client objectives are met or act as a senior member of the site team as a whole and ensure Sweet Projects and Client objectives are met.
Governance: Understand importance of internal and external reporting (client reporting), establishing templates and improving company & project governance
Leadership: Strong leadership skills, experience in working with senior leaders, and throughout the business to get the best results
Team Player: Ability to harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy, and creativity
Decision-making: Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to think on your feet and recommend decisions with little hesitation
Communication: Presentation and spoken ability, written communication skills to be able to prepare company and project reports
Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail, provide high-quality reports and maintain high standards within the wider business
Project management: Excellent project, planning, change management capabilities
A Big-Picture Perspective: Ability to determine needs within the company and connect groups to work together to solve problems as they arise
Built environment sector expertise: Experience in working in the built environment sector (client or contractor),
preferably in a similar role
Innovation: Look for new ways to do things, introduce better solutions, lead innovation initiatives, experiment
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
Sweet Projects is a general contractor business, drawing on over forty years of specialised industry experience to provide excellent service, sustain long-term partnerships and achieve the highest quality outcome for key clients, whilst maintaining financial commitments.
Since inception in early 2020, the business continues to grow and has a projected turnover of £100m. Currently specialising in the delivery of Data Centres, it will further expand into the delivery of other key specialist assets, including Pharmaceutical and Defence.
It is envisaged that the role will support the aim of Sweet Projects in serving all client needs. This will be achieved by:
• The development of key working relationships with all Sweet Projects staff, clients, consultants and sub-contractors.
• Working in close partnership with local supply chain partners and using local expertise and knowledge
• Contributing to long-term customer partnerships ensuring repeat business
Ensuring delivery on time, to budget and to agreed quality ensuring procedures are followed / maintained and that authorisation parameters are not exceeded thus ensuring compliance with our group processes and procedures. The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post. Any such duties should not substantially change the general nature of the post. This role description should develop along with the changing demands of the company objectives and priorities. This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility.
• The Site Engineer duties and responsibilities include:
• Establish main survey setting out stations
• Ensure the work complies with all relevant specifications and drawings.
• Ensure all relevant documentation is recorded in QA/QC project file concerning check to setting out equipment and any check on subcontractor baselines, reference point level, etc
• Be fully conversant with the method statement produced for each element within the project and oversee the work to ensure that the work is executed safely.
• Attend and contribute to any safety initiative as required to ensure the project is constructed safely.
• Comply and manage health and safety in line with Sweet Projects processes, procedures, and current guidance and good practice.
• Ensure that site branding and housekeeping standards adhere to company guidelines.
• Co-ordinate the activity of different sub-contractors / trades or section of work to ensure work is carried out efficiently.
• Liaise with Specialist Contractors to ensure that works are constructed in accordance with the latest information.
• Inspect the works as required and in line with Project Quality Plan and relevant Inspection and Test Plans / checklists ensuring that the works are compliant with specification.
• Where elements of the work are found not to be in accordance with the specification Issue and follow through to close out non-conformance reports as required.
• Promote high standards of work completion across the site.
• Manage junior team members, making expectations clear and reviewing performance standards.
• Always communicate with clients and third parties in Sweet Project’s best interests.
• Set role model and ensure high standards of personal conduct on site at all times to deliver the Sweet Project’s brand image.
• Attending and recording meetings with sub-contractors representatives
• Be responsible for assigned packages.
The Site Engineer Minimum Qualifications:
• H&D or degree in civil / engineering
• Full understanding in the use of GPS theodolite and automatic levels
• Membership of professional body (e.g., CIOB, ICE etc)
• Membership of the CSCS scheme
• 5-day SMSTS – CITB
• 1st Aid at Work (4 day)
It is expected that the individual must have attained the technical skills, and knowledge in the following areas above.
• A good understanding of construction methods and technology including materials.
• Experience in a role setting-out on site
• Experience required in setting out of road, RC structures and underground utilities
• A proven proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment
• Be fully IT competent.
• Proven track record of career progression through engineering, trade, or construction roles in the construction industry
Key Relationships (internal and external)
The Site Engineer will interface with the following key people:
• Managing Director
• Commercial Director
• Bid Director
• Project Director
• Head of Construction
• Head of Operations
• Senior Project Manager
• Senior Site Manager
• Project Delivery Team
• Health & Safety professionals
• Statutory authorities
• Service providers
• Client team & advisors
• Sub-Contractors and suppliers