Graduate Assistant Site Manager
JOB ROLE PURPOSE
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supervising construction projects from start to finish, ensuring that all work is completed safely, on time, and within budget. The role will involve working closely with project managers, engineers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality construction projects.
The role also provides an opportunity for recent graduates to gain valuable experience and develop their skills in construction project management.
Governance: Understand importance of internal and external reporting (Client reporting), establishing templates and improving company and project governance
Leadership: Strong leadership skills, experience in working with senior leaders, and throughout the business to get the best results
Team Player Ability to harness a working environment which encourages teamwork, energy, and creativity
Decision-making: Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to think on your feet and recommend decisions with little hesitation
Communication: Presentation and spoken ability, written communication skills to be able to prepare company and project reports as well as governance documents
Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail, provide high-quality reports and maintain high standards within the wider business
Project Management: Excellent project, planning, change management capabilities
A Big-Picture Perspective: Ability to determine needs within the company and connect groups to work together to solve problems as they arise.
Built environment sector expertise: Experience in working in the built environment sector (client or contractor), preferably in an operational role
Innovation: Look for new ways to do things, introduce better solutions and lead innovation initiatives.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The purpose of the Graduate Assistant Site Manager role is to assist with management and supervision of construction projects, ensure work is completed safely and within budget, maintain project schedules and quality standards, and communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
• Assist the site manager in planning, scheduling, and coordinating all construction activities.
• Assist with supervision and management of the construction site, including overseeing subcontractors, site workers, and suppliers.
• Ensure that all work is carried out safely and in compliance with relevant health and safety regulations.
• Monitor and report on project progress, including preparing progress reports and project schedules.
• Ensure that all materials and equipment are delivered to site on time and in accordance with the project specifications.
• Ensure that all work is completed to the required quality standards and in compliance with relevant industry standards.
• Communicate effectively with project stakeholders, including the site manager, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Maintain accurate records and documentation related to construction activities.
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Engineering degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field with CAD experience.
• Excellent project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
• Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations and requirements.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
• Willingness to learn and develop new skills.